How to Get Rid of House Pests Naturally
When cleaning Dubai Marina homes, people often come across pests. House pests are common throughout the world. Every country has its own set of pests and Dubai is no exception. Here too there are many different kinds of pests that sneak their way into our homes. Most of us would probably reach for the chemical laden insect repellents and pest deterrents to get rid of these unwanted visitors from our home. But if you are green conscious you will probably look for natural ways to fight these pests. Here are a few tips on how to get rid of pest with natural ingredients.
- White Vinegar: One of the most effective ways to get rid of ants from your home is to use white vinegar. Keep a spray bottle full of a mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray this copiously over the area where you see plenty of ants.
- Cinnamon Powder: sprinkle cinnamon powder in the area where you can see bugs crawling. The cinnamon will keep them out of your home.
- Herbs: Some herb, especially mint and basil as well as flowers like Marigold are very effective in keeping insects away. Plant these near doors and windows to keep the critters outside.
- Citrus: a lot of pests hate the smell of citrus fruits. Keep a bottle of lemon peel extract and spray it in areas where you can see spiders, mosquitoes, and flies. Lemons are also supposed to keep the fleas away. Rub some on your skin to prevent the fleas from sucking on you.
- Peppermint: The peppermint oil is a deterrent quite a few insects, the most common among them is the ant. Spritz some in areas where you see ants and watch them disappear.
- Coffee Grounds: They effectively eliminate the smell trails ant use to navigate. Sprinkle them around and see the ants get totally confused.
- Neem Oil: The oil from the neem leaves is a known mosquito repellent. Spray it around the house to get rid of mosquitoes.
- Boric Powder: Got a problem with cockroaches? Get rid of these pesky crawlers by making small balls of boric acid, sugar and a bit of water. Scatter them around the areas where you see the most cockroaches. The cockroach will feed on these and die.
- Turpentine: If you have an infestation of termites or white ants, then use copious amounts of turpentine to treat the area. The turpentine will kill off the termites and destroy the colony.
- Fox Urine Granules: Got a problem with rats and mice in your home or attic. Use fox urine granules to get rid of them non-violently. The granules are made of dehydrated fox urine and smell awful. It is a warning sign to the rats that its natural enemy is within the vicinity and the rats and mice quickly run away from the area.
There are many more natural remedies for common pests, we will explore a few more in our next blog post. Keep reading our blogs for more cleaning insights.